Monday 9 January 2012

Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley, Coronation Street) on #spartacusreport

This thorough and rigorous report based on proper consultation with the people who will be, in many cases, shockingly affected by the government's proposed changes to DLA and the introduction of PIP, should be right at the heart of any welfare reform.  The government's proposals are rash, short-sighted, inhumane and ultimately expensive.  The new system is already causing much stress and anxiety to so many people who are frankly dealing with enough.

Julie Hesmondhalgh, actress, Coronation Street

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I do like her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is extremely stressful having my Incapacity Benefit changed to Employment Support Allowance, the DWP havent given me a medical just shoved me onto the Work Related Activity Group, instead of the Support Group. (I am 58 and unfit for work as I have Fibromyalgia pretty bad) It doesnt mean they won't leave me alone, it means they review every year or more often dependig on what the DWP feel like. I have appealed against the decision to put me on the Work Related Activity Group, with doctors support. Now I am concerned that the DLA I have been awarded will be taken away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you julie for your support. As a lady who is totally dependant on ESA and DLA, i find it very stressful worrying about what changes the government will make next, it is a daily struggle living with illness and disablity, without the added stress this government inflicts on myself and many many more people in this country.

    ReplyDelete